The Licensor: St Paul’s Church, Hammersmith (SPH)
The Licensee: Is the organisation / person hiring the venue
No bookings will be treated as confirmed until St Pauls Hammersmith has received email confirmation of your Proposal Booking form, full payment or a booking deposit has been paid (depending on the type of event) and St Pauls Hammersmith has sent client a written confirmation of the booking. We reserve the right to cancel any hiring at any time in the event of an unavoidable or overriding requirement for the religious use of the building.
Payment is due strictly within 28 days of final invoice. Late payment may result in restrictions to future use of our facilities. All payments should be made by bank transfer unless approved by St Pauls Hammersmith. Please include the booking reference number when making your payment.
Bank: HSBC Account Number: 72309211 Sort Code: 40-04-01
The safeguarding of children, young people and adults at risk is an important part of all Church activities, This document demonstrates and guides all within the Diocese of London on the part that they play in safeguarding across the whole community. The Licensee is required to read and acknowledge acceptance of our Safeguarding Policy on the Bookings Form.
Access to building
There is no entitlement to access all or part of the building or equipment outside the hiring period. The licensee must only use the parts of the building agreed in the Reserved Booking form, use of additional areas outside the hiring agreement will result in additional fees. The licensee must ensure that the hired areas are vacated at end of the hiring period; failure to do so may result in additional fees.
Use of building
The use of the building must be appropriate and compatible with its consecration as a place of worship. No dangerous or harmful activity shall be permitted. Explosives, toxic, hazardous, odorous, or flammable substances shall not be brought onto or used in the building. Smoking is not permitted in any SPH building.
No food or drink items may be brought into the building as part of your event . Any additional food items brought into your event will result in a Catering Surcharge and added to your invoice.
Alcohol must not be broughpmsold on the premise without a temporary events notice or TENS from London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham. SPH must be informed in advance if there will be alcohol at your event and submit a copy of the TENS. If the use of external catering is authorised by SPH the external catering provider must also be on the list of St Pauls Centre approved caterers.
Hirers will be responsible for any liability that arises from their use of the building or its equipment and are required to indemnify the Church in connection with such use. They are advised to take out a public liability policy in a minimum of £1 million to cover themselves and third parties during their hiring. The church has a public liability policy up to £3 million for each incident covering claims for negligence in maintaining the condition of the building and its equipment.
The Licensee is responsible for obtaining all necessary licenses or consents from magistrates and the local authority to carry their proposed activity in the building. Failure to do so may result in your event being cancelled.
The Licensee indemnifies the Licensor against loss, costs and expenses arising from all claims from any party (including members of the public, the licensee’s members, employees, contractors, etc.) arising from the licensee’s use of the building and associated equipment.
Resetting of the building
Neither the building nor any equipment must be damaged and all shall be left in a clean and tidy condition. The Licensee hereby undertakes to ensure that all responsibilities as discussed with the SPH Facilities Team are fully discharged. Damages to the building or equipment will result in an additional charge. Some exceptional bookings may require a separate damage deposit.
Terms and Conditions of Venue Hire
These terms and conditions shall be binding on any person or organisation (the Lessee) who enters into a contract (the Contract) to hire part of or all of the buildings at Queen Caroline Street (“the Premises”) from St Paul’s Church, Queen Caroline Street, Hammersmith, London, W6 9PJ Charity number: 1130490 (SPH).
- SPH reserves the right to refuse applicants the use of part or all of the Premises at its absolute discretion. SPH is part of the Church of England. Our beliefs are summarized at: sph.org/ourvision The discretion to refuse applications to use the Premises includes (but is not limited to) discretion to refuse applications considered to be at odds with the genuine religious belief that is central to the organisation’s purpose and function. The Lessee shall not assign the Contract to any other party without the prior written agreement of SPH.
- The Lessee shall be permitted to use only those parts of the Premises specified in the Booking Form and approved by SPH. Different groups may be using different parts of the Premises simultaneously, and will require to share common facilities including but not limited to corridors, reception and toilets.
- The Lessee shall not be granted exclusive use of the whole Premises unless the Lessee and SPH explicitly agree to the contrary.
- The Premises shall be used only for the purposes set out in the completed Booking Form and approved by SPH.
- The preservation of proper order within and out with the Premises shall be the responsibility of the Lessee. As a church, “proper order” includes maintaining behaviour that is consistent with our Christian ethos.
- SPH is committed to the health and safety of its employees, members of the public and sub-contractors working on the Premises. The Lessee agrees to abide by all relevant provisions of health and safety law, and with any SPH health and safety rules and regulations.
- In the event that the basement or upper levels need to be evacuated in an emergency, the lift is not to be used. In order that a person who is unable to walk can be evacuated, an emergency evacuation sledge has been provided on each floor.
- Any lessee using the basement or upper level facilities must ensure that all members of their group can be evacuated before booking and using the facilities. If you intend to include any person in your group who will need assistance to escape in an emergency, it is your responsibility to make suitable and sufficient arrangements for them. If you need advice speak to the SPC manager
- No smoking is permitted anywhere on the Premises.
- The number of persons attending any event under the Contract shall be limited to the capacity of the rooms as stipulated by SPH. Lessee shall not cause or allow the capacity to be exceeded.
- The Lessee shall keep the part of the Premises being used in a neat and tidy condition during their use and will return it to the condition in which they found it. The Lessee shall be responsible for any damage caused by or arising out of their occupancy of the Premises to the fabric; fixtures or fittings; and any property otherwise contained within the Premises. SPH reserves the right to make good any damage at the Lessee’s expense. SPH reserves the right, during the period between any such damage occurring and it being made good, to hire or otherwise obtain reasonable alternative facilities (including but not limited to hire of furniture, equipment, Premises, and staff to facilitate use of these) to enable SPH undertakings and fulfilment of its obligations under contract or otherwise to continue until the damage is made good, at the Lessee’s expense.
- If hiring the venue as an organisation, the Lessee shall have Public Liability Insurance of up to £5 million pounds. The Lessee will disclose their Public Liability Insurance status prior to hiring the facility on the Booking Form. Any item brought into the Premises by a Lessee should be covered by the Lessee’s own insurance.
- No sign or notices shall be displayed inside or outside the Premises without the approval of SPH.
- No extra fittings, decorations or props shall be erected or brought onto the Premises without the approval of SPH.
- No alteration or addition to or use of existing sound, camera, lighting, musical, audiovisual, electric, electronic, kitchen or other equipment shall be carried out without the prior consent of SPH. Extra charges may apply for use of these facilities.
- The grant of permission to the items referred to in Clause 12 is at the absolute discretion of SPH. The Lessee shall be responsible for ensuring persons for whom permission to use the equipment listed in Clause 12 is sought are appropriately trained and where necessary that they hold appropriate qualifications for the tasks and operations concerned. The Lessee shall prevent all persons other than anyone authorised by SPH from operating or using any appliances, equipment, machinery or other fixtures and fittings on the Premises. Liability or any loss, injury or damage arising from any incident involving the equipment listed in Clause 12 shall rest with the Lessee.
- All electrical appliances brought onto and used on the Premises by or on behalf of the Lessee must be fully tested in compliance with current legislation and proof be exhibited to SPH, if required, to that effect.
- All fittings and equipment brought onto the Premises by the lessee shall be removed immediately after completion of the let unless there is explicit agreement is reached to the contrary with SPH. In the event of the Lessee failing to clear the Premises to the satisfaction of St Paul’s this shall be done by St Paul’s and the expense borne by the Lessee.
- SPH shall not be liable for any loss or damage to the property or goods used or exhibited on the Premises or left by the Lessee or persons attending the Premises.
- In the event of the Premises not being vacated by the time specified in the Booking Form, the Lessee will be liable to pay a surcharge for each half hour or part thereof during which the occupation of the Premises by the Lessee continues.
- In the event of the Premises not being vacated by the time specified in the Booking Form, the Lessee will be liable to SPH for any losses sustained by them as a result (for example, but not limited to, losses occasioned by any a subsequent booking of the Premises being jeopardized by the Lessee’s failure to vacate the Premises).
- No goods whatsoever may be sold within the building nor any collection taken without the prior permission of SPH.
- SPH reserves the right to cancel any Contract without notice and without liability, legal or otherwise, to the Lessee or any person affected thereby in the event of: war; riot; state of emergency; civil unrest; where any member of the public is at risk (or thought to be at risk); strike (official or otherwise); act of God; failure of electricity, gas or other power supply however caused; or for any reason whatsoever out with the control of SPH. In the event of such a cancellation, any monies deposited with St Paul’s by the Lessee in respect of the Contract so cancelled shall be refunded in full to the Lessee.
- To secure a booking, the Booking Form must be returned to SPH acknowledging your acceptance of these terms and conditions and either full payment or the deposit paid. Once the deposit has been received your booking will be confirmed in writing.
- Payment in advance under the contract is due as follows:
|PAYMENT||AMOUNT DUE ON RECEIPT OF INVOICE|
|Large Events, Conferences and Weddings||50% of total price on invoice (plus damage deposit if required)|
|Events in SPC Meeting Rooms||Total amount specified on invoice|
The booking deposit will be credited towards the total amount specified in the contract.
- Advertised prices are non-negotiable.
- In the event of cancellation of a booking being made by the Lessee after signing of booking contract and making relevant payments, the following cancellation fees will be due:
|CANCELLATIONS||CANCELLATION FEE PAYABLE|
|28 days prior to the event date||50% of the total due under the booking contract|
|3 working days or less prior to the event date||100% of the total due under the booking contract including all catering and AV costs|
- Catering numbers and menus need to be confirmed three working days prior to the event. 100% of the catering costs will be charged in the event of any cancellations or adjustments made on or after this time.